Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein


Enzo is certain that he will be reborn as a human and has spent his life studying what it is to be human. Although he is a dog, when Enzo looks back at his life, recounting the joys and struggles of his family, he proves that in many ways he is more human than most humans.

3 comments:

The Book Borrower said...

I loved this book. Looking at human nature and life through a dogs eyes is such a unique perspective. I definitely find myself thinking about my dog a little differently since reading this book.

Robyn B said...

I listened to the audiobook. The reader was good. I liked the story. The things that happened to the man were so unfair, just like real life. I loved the ending.

Samantha said...

Everything that could possibly go wrong for this man does and then everything that could possibly go right does.

It was too tragic and too unbelievable. Didn't like it.