Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore


The town of Ringgold, Georgia, has a population of 1,923, one traffic light, one Dairy Queen, and one Catherine Grace Cline. The daughter of Ringgold’s third-generation Baptist preacher, Catherine Grace is quick-witted, more than a little stubborn, and dying to escape her small-town life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excellent read with characters who could be my family members or from my home town. Susan writes from the heart and adds some unexpected twists. It's fun, but also makes you think.

Georgia Peach said...

One of my favorites from this year's selections. Of course, being from Georgia myself, I'm a little prejudice. The characters ring true; and I can testify that the author's depiction of Ringgold, GA is right on. Looking for Salvation made me laugh, cry..and crave Dilly Bars!