Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, January 1, 2010

FRAGMENT by Warren Fahy

When members of a reality show aboard a ship in the South Pacific respond to a distress signal from Henders Island, they are unprepared for what they find. This is the earth as it might have looked after evolving on a separate path for half a billion years. Its life forms pose a serious threat to all humanity, but scientists believe that one form must be saved.
Place a Request

Author’s website
Author interview
Author interview

Read-a-Likes

2 comments:

Rich Coombs said...

I really didn't like this book.It was cheezy and hard to get through. I figure if I give a book 100 pages and I'm still not interested, it's not for me. I gave this one 225 pages and then returned it.

The Kelleys said...

I read the the whole book, and it was incredibly formulaeic and not particularly well written. I did enjoy it as an easy summer read while I was on my cruise, but I wouldn't recommend it for any serious reading or novel ideas.