Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, January 1, 2010

ASTA IN THE WINGS by Jan Elizabeth Watson

Asta Hewitt is a 7-year-old growing up in an isolated house in Maine with a sickly brother and a delusional mother who tells them that the world outside their door is a plague-ravaged wasteland. When their mother doesn’t come home one night, the two must face real people in a real world.
Place a Request

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the title attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I really liked this book and I was sad to get to the end because I wanted to know more about what happens to the characters.

Anonymous said...

I was quite bored through the whole book and disappointed in the ending. All of a sudden the book ended but I did not feel any conclusion. It was also quite weird.

melissa said...

This book was very interesting because once you started you worried about the welfare of the children even until after the book finished. It wasn't a delightful book, but nevertheless it was a book that was well worth reading.