Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, January 1, 2010

BLUE HEAVEN by C. J Box

When two kids witness a murder, they don’t know who to trust with the information, so they hide out from everyone. The local police are unknowingly being aided by the killers in the search for the missing kids so they can be the first to know where the witnesses are.
Place a Request

Author’s webpage:


Read-a-Likes

6 comments:

Rosemary Harris said...

This was my favorite book from last year. I'd never read CJ Box before and what a great surprise.
Enjoy

Melissa said...

This book wastes no time hooking you into the story and spends the majority of the book weaving intricate plot lines. Definitely a decent thriller. However, I was a bit confused by the feel of the ending...I'd be interested to hear what anyone else thought about it. To me, the spirituality portrayed just didn't fit. But that's just me.

Melissa said...

I have never read C.J Box before this book, but from what I heard I was expecting something pretty good. And it was. The story was intriguing and complex and the characters were great. The part that threw me was the end...the "spiritual" nature of the last few pages just didn't sit well with me considering the rest of the book. But hey, that's just me. I'd be interested to see what anyone else thought...

Rosemary Harris said...

I was surprised a bit by the ending too, but it didn't bother me that much. It's so hard to end a mystery without the "okay, we're tying up all the loose ends" feeling which sometimes - to me - comes off a little too pat. It's one of the reasons I like to add an epilog.
Just read Box's Three Weeks to Say Goodbye. Another pageturner..but you might not like this ending either! Not spiritual though..

omartineau said...

I read this in 2009, a good book, it kept you interested to the end, if you like this, you might try some other books by Box

Audrey Hammer said...

This is one of the best thrillers I've read. It was suspenseful and a bit different since you knew what the villains were doing the whole time.