Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, January 1, 2010

HOTEL ON THE CORNER OF BITTER AND SWEET by Jamie Ford

The bittersweet story of friendship and the innocence of first love between Henry Lee and Keiko Okabe set in the ethnic neighborhoods of Seattle just before World War II.
Place a Request

Author website
Author Biography
Discusssion Guide
Other Interesting Sites:
Chinatown/International District in Seattle
Panama Hotel in Seattle

Read-a-Likes

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

This book was just lovely! It is a book you could recomment to virtually everyone! I plan to choose it when I host my Book Club in April.

Janeene said...

The really liked this book. I liked the way the author showed the past life vs. present day. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a book club so I could recommend this beautiful story! READ THIS BOOK!