Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, January 1, 2010

SWORN TO SILENCE by Linda Castillo

Kate Burkholder, Chief of Police of Painter’s Mill, Ohio, an Amish community, vows to stop a brutal serial killer even if it means she has to reveal a dark secret that could destroy her.
Place a request

Author’s website

Read-a-Likes

2 comments:

Library Hag said...

I can't believe I waited so long to read this. Actually it got buried for a while but I am so glad it turned up. I could hardly put this book down. There are some pretty gruesome descriptions but they are short. I love the characters in this quirky little town. Kate is a strong hard working woman. Her staff and others that we meet are very well fleshed out. I really can't wait for the next book.

Anonymous said...

Very gripping and I too couldn't put it down. I read this one in one day.