Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

BOUND SOUTH by Susan White

Southern domestic fiction with finely drawn characters centering around the relationships in the Parker family, the clash of cultures between the old South and the changing values of the younger generation and the surprising dramas of everyday life.

Reserve Book

Vanity Fair Author Interview
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Article
Discussion Questions/Reading Guide
Publisher’s Author Site
Author Blog
Author Facebook Page

Read-a-Likes



8 comments:

Ruby Cheesman said...

If you liked The Help and The Sweet By and By, you'll enjoy Bound South. As a native of Georgia, I loved revisiting familiar places in Atlanta. Susan Rebecca White is an author to watch!

Danette said...

Sorry, I LOVED The Help and really enjoyed The Sweet By and By, but this one didn't do a thing for me. In fact I yawned quite a bit. I do like the cover....

Britt said...

Yeah, this one didn't do it for me, either.
Here's my review.

Anonymous said...

Too many 'F' words.

Anonymous said...

Don't need to waste time reading about other peo0le's poor decisions -- reading should be uplifting or thought provoking.

Anonymous said...

It was awful

Anonymous said...

This was the worst book I have ever read. It had terrible language, and it was full of filth. I would never, never suggest it to anyone.

Anonymous said...

I agree with many of the people before me. I really consider myself a very open minded reader, however this book seemed to want to check every cliche box regarding the south, including homosexuality, rape, adultery, etc. I could have done with out all the language as well. it was not a good book. i am looking forward to reading the Help from many recommendations, I hope it is not similar at all.