Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

THE BRICK LAYER by Noah Boyd

Lee Child’s Jack Reacher move over. The FBI recruits Steve Vail, an agent it has just fired, to solve an extortion plot by a group that is killing human targets one by one unless the bureau gives them cash.

Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on eBook
Place Hold on Audiobook

Author Interview

Read-a-Likes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book. It is full of twists and turns, and action. It is also a clean read, which is fantastic to have a non-religious clean thriller. Great book, definitely recommended.

Danette said...

I agree that this one is full of twists and turns, but I never really connected with any of the characters. I liked it, but I won't be anxiously waiting for the sequel.

Britt said...

I'm with Danette-- enjoyed it, but it felt really detached.

My full review