Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

GODDESS OF THE HUNT by Tessa Dare

When she practices her seductive wiles on her brother's best friend, Jeremy Trescott, adventurous Lucy Waltham falls in love with him, while he encourages her in order to distract her from her schemes to find a rich husband.

Reserve Book

Author Website
Author Twitter Page
Author Blog
Author Facebook Page

Read-a-Likes

11 comments:

Britt said...

I tried, but I couldn't finish this one.
My review

Sally said...

I actually found this very sweet and sensual at the same time. It is a romance novel and I enjoyed it.

Sami said...

Terrible. This author was way off on what real love is like. A scary controlling man who molests women in wardrobes? Not my thing.

Anonymous said...

Slow to start, but did enjoy the romance.

marissa said...

A fun light read!

~Norma

Anonymous said...

Too much sexuality and too little good writing.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Britt - didn't choose to finish it - I have better things to do and read with my time. It feels like a plot designed to provide a platform for not-even-well-written "sensuality". I didn't see the male as "controlling and molesting" particularly, more a victim, and definitely did NOT like the picture of a nitwit female.

Anonymous said...

Didn't even finish it--too much romance.

Anonymous said...

Why was this a Reader's Choice? ARe we that desperate?

Anonymous said...

Smutty...not RC material.

Anonymous said...

Typical romance.