Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

HOMER’S ODYSSEY: A FEARLESS FELINE TALE, OR HOW I LEARNED ABOUT LOVE AND LIFE WITH A BLIND WONDER CAT by Gwen Cooper

The extraordinary story of a blind cat who is a daredevil that can scale seven feet bookcases and jump five feet to catch flies mid-buzz. But it is his love, joy and acceptance that taught his owner the most important lessons in life.

Reserve Book
Reserve Audiobook

Book Website
Book trailer



Read-a-Likes

5 comments:

Britt said...

Really cute book! I picked it for our book club!
Here's my review

marissa said...

well crafted; humorous; not only for cat lovers.

A must read!

~Carol

Anonymous said...

Since I am a cat owner, I knew I would love this book. I heard the author on the Diane Rehm show in the spring of this year and put it on my to be read list. After seeing it on the display at the library in August, I picked it up and was very pleased. I would highly recommend it to anyone, animal lover or not. It has humor, dramatic events and shows the rewards of letting furry friends into your life. Read it, you will be glad you did.

Anonymous said...

A very delightful book!

Heidi Brown said...

Very well written. I enjoyed her creativity in relaying the story of the fearless, blind wonder-cat, however... I greatly disliked the usage of the "F word". It didn't add anything to the story she was telling. I wish she would have omitted it.