Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

SOMETHING MISSING by Matthew Dicks

A career criminal with OCD tendencies and a savant-like genius for bringing order to his crime scenes, Martin considers himself one of the best in the business. Of course, he only takes items that will go unnoticed by the homeowners.

Reserve Book
Reserve Audiobook

Author Website
Author Interview
Author Biography
Discussion Questions
Book Trailer

Read-a-Likes

9 comments:

Ruby Cheesman said...

How can you not like a thief who is so discriminating? What an intriguing plot for a mystery/character novel.

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty original idea for a book, but I also thought it was a little weird. I kept reading to the end just to try to answer the question in my head, "What the heck??" It was okay...

Irene said...

I absolutely loved it. I thought he did a great job of creating a character that you liked, even if he is a thief.

Britt said...

This one was lots of fun!
Here's my review

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. Such a unique twist on the common mystery. Wish it would have ended a bit differently but it was a fun, fast read.

Anonymous said...

Fun, a reall different slant on burglary. Tense & suspenseful. Many twists & turns. Worth the read. Different & unusual.

~Carol

Crafty Mom said...

I LOVED this book! I found it refreshingly different than anything I've ever read. I laughed out loud MANY times :o)

Kiersten said...

I loved this book

camille said...

Loved it! It's refreshing to find a new author that can tell a story without profanity/sex as the main idea.