Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

THE COUNCIL OF DADS: MY DAUGHTERS, MY ILLNESS AND THE MEN WHO COULD BE ME by Bruce Feiler

After being diagnosed with cancer, Bruce Feiler enlisted the aid of six men from key stages in his life, asking this "Council of Dads" to be present at all passages in his daughters' lives, should he not survive, and offers lessons he learned from these six men.
Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on Audiobook

Read-a-Likes

Author’s website
Newspaper article
Other interesting sites:
Council of Dads

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL read! I am going through similar health problems at this time and I found it very comforting to read the author's feelings when he first learned he had cancer, during the treatment, and once treatments were over. It's a great story of love, life, hope, and healing. Truly a wonderful read for mature teens and adults.

justshellie said...

I'm not fond of self proclaiming books by and about entitled people who can get anything they don't already have and this book started out that way and I almost it down, but I didn't something kept me going. Well it was the title I really wanted to know why and how he picked his council. And that is why I finished the book; my heart did soften for this rich kid who most definitely fits into the haves side of haves and have nots. But he shares love and wisdom and insight that makes his entitled life quite bearable.