Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

THE INVISIBLE BRIDGE by Julie Orringer

Set in Budapest and Paris, this is a story of a love tested by disaster, of brothers whose bonds cannot be broken, of a family shattered and remade in history’s darkest hour, and the dangerous power of art in a time of war.
Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on Audiobook

Read-a-Likes

Author’s website
Author interview
Author biography
Facebook page
Discussion questions/Reading guides

2 comments:

Lee C. said...

An amazing book. To start with I didn't think I would get further than the first couple of chapters, but it grabbed me, and I couldn't put it down. Not a part of the war that I knew much about before, it has opened my eyes. Thank you for choosing it as one of the Readers Choice books.

Katja Mueller said...

I agree: this was an amazing book. For me the best one of the RC selection.
Sweeping family saga, heartbreaking at times. It has been a year since I read it but it stays with me. Would recommend it to men and women alike.