Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

SAVING CEECEE HONEYCUTT by Beth Hoffman

Relegated to the care of an eccentric great-aunt after her mentally unbalanced mother's accidental death, 12-year-old CeeCee is quickly surrounded by the strong women and cultural elements of her new Savannah community.
Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on eBook
Place Hold on Audiobook
Place Hold on eAudiobook

Read-a-Likes

Author’s Website
Author Interview
Radio Interview
Discussion Guide

8 comments:

Beth Hoffman said...

I'm delighted to see my novel, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, on your list! Thanks so much.

Ruby Cheesman said...

One of my favorites of this round of Reader's Choice titles! You'll fall in love with CeeCee and her adopted Savannah family....and surroundings. If you loved The Help, you MUST read Saving CeeCee!

nalgal said...

I LOVED this book! It reminded me of The Help and of The Secret Life of Bees, two of my favorite books. I'm SO glad I picked it up. I suggested that my book club read it this month - I can't wait to discuss it the first week of February.

Lainy said...

I enjoyed every minute of reading this book and highly recommend it. I loved the real life drama and the kindness that is shown throughout the book. I have a hard time finding books like this one that make me laugh so thank you Beth Hoffman!

Anonymous said...

Laugh-out-loud funny. So cute!

lissa said...

This was a fabulous book! I couldn't put it down.

Anonymous said...

I loved CeeCee!

T and A said...

Sweet and satisfying. Just makes you feel good and smile!