Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, July 1, 2011

BLISS, REMEMBERED by Frank Deford

Sydney Stringfellow recounts the experiences she had as a swimmer at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, where she had an unforgettable love affair with the son of a Nazi diplomat.

Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on eBook
Place Hold on Audiobook

Read-a-Likes

Author's Wikipedia Article

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. Of the books on this current list that I've read so far, this was my favorite. It has an ending that was an unexpected twist. I would definitely recommend this book.

Britt said...

LOVED this one. This will quite possibly end up being my favorite this round.

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorites of this group. An old, dying woman tells her life story to her son. Her voice is very entertaining.

She tells of her first real romance at the Berlin Olympics. It was cute how her son is jealous of this guy and waits for his father to show up in the story.

It was very smooth reading, instantly engrossing, and a gripping ending.

This book had sparse swearing and mild sexual suggestions.

Anonymous said...

I love this book! It's one of my top fav's!

Michelle said...

Absolutely LOVED this book. One of the best I've read in a long time!