Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, July 1, 2011

FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT by Darynda Jones

Charley Davidson—grim reaper and part-time private investigator--- begins experiencing intense sensual dreams about a mysterious entity that has been following her throughout her life.

Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on Audiobook
Place Hold on eAudiobook

Read-a-Likes

Author’s page
Short Story online

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry--unlikeable character. Could not finish.

Anonymous said...

This book is awesome! My favorite of 2011 so far.

Anonymous said...

Good read!

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. I loved the main character. She is really funny. I don't often find myself laughing out loud while reading a book, but this book made me laugh. I can't wait to read Darynda Jones's next book.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this one; my favorite Reader's Choice so far. It was really funny in a sarcastic way with a decent mystery to go along with it. The ending got a little strange.

There's some swearing and a lot of sexual descriptions in this.