Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Friday, July 1, 2011

THE WINTER SEA by Susanna Kearsley

Carrie McClelland is writing a bestselling novel about the Jacobite fleet that nearly succeeded in landing the exiled James Stewart in Scotland to reclaim his crown. But she discovers that her novel is more fact than fiction and that knowledge comes very close to destroying her.

Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on eBook

Read-a-Likes

Author Website
Author Interview
Youtube Interview
Goodreads Review and Discussion
Book Trailer
Historical Book Review

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing book!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Excellent writing, great historical detail that's not boring and intriguing romance. Loved it!

Anonymous said...

I was born and bred in NE Scotland, and grew up knowing and speaking Doric. This is, without question, the best reproduction of that dialect that I have ever read. I cannot wait to read more of Susanna Kearsley's work.

Anonymous said...

I found this extremely boring. Not much happens except people talking about things that happened. Lots of tell, hardly any show. Sorry.

Renee said...

Wonderful story. I loved learning all the history of Scotland, and the love stories were very sweet.

Anonymous said...

This book made history interesting and brought an idea of what historical persons may have been thinking and why they may have acted the way they did. After the first few chapters I was hooked and couldn't put the book down. I disliked how Sophia's daughter was never reunited with her and Moray.

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. Read it in two days. The story was so interesting. I was drawn into the characters and thought it was a great read.

Katja Mueller said...

I liked this book. Story draws you in right away. Although predictable it does not insult your intelligence. Made me feel like I was at the coast of Scotland. Very entertaining!