Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

FRIENDSHIP BREAD by Darien Gee

This is a heartwarming story about the power of giving. An anonymous gift of Amish Friendship Bread given to a grieving mother leads to new friendships and hope.

Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on eBook
Place Hold on Audiobook
Place Hold on eAudiobook

Read-a-Likes

Author’s Facebook Page
Friendship Bread Recipes

3 comments:

Darien said...

My warmest thanks for selecting FRIENDSHIP BREAD as a nominee for your Reader's Choice award -- I'm very grateful!

Please know that I am available to library staff, patrons and your community as a whole if you have any questions about the book, the writing process, or (of course) Amish Friendship Bread. May 2012 be a wonderful year for all of us!

sincerely,
author Darien Gee

www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com
www.facebook.com/fbkitchen

Kuki Davies said...

I love this book. It's very sweet. The messages of hope and healing were beautifully written. At first it took me a little bit of time to adapt to reading from so many different character's views, but once I got used to the idea that this book is about a whole town, it made it that much more endearing. I love the main characters. I love that it tells a story of what the real human experience is about, and I love friendship bread. I'm eager to try some of the recipes from the website. Thank you so much Ms. Gee for such a lovely book!

CardsbyJo said...

I enjoyed this book so much, that I bought a couple of copies to give friends along with some Amish Friendship Bread.