Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

MY YEAR WITH ELEANOR by Noelle Hancock

“Do one new thing every day that scares you.”
This Eleanor Roosevelt quote written on a coffeehouse chalkboard propels newly unemployed Noelle Hancock into a year-long adventure, challenging her self-doubts and fears. Poignant, lighthearted, and very funny.

Place Hold on Book

Read-a-Likes

Book Trailer
Author’s Blog
Book Review

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of overcoming fear and trying something new everyday. I also loved learning about Eleanor. However, I realize I am sheltered? from how young adults live. This sweet looking girl, thinks of sex,drinking and sleeping pills all the time. All her friends are as daubached as she is. Vulger language and imagery throughout

Anonymous said...

the book is funny and interesting but be prepared for vulgarity and shock as she holds nothing back from how she lives

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this book. The idea really is a great one and I admire Hancock for being able to do what she did. She seems a little drowned in herself though which gets a little tiresome after so many pages. I never really connected with her. As others have stated the language is bad. My favorite parts were about Eleanor. I wish instead of spending the time to read this book I would've spent time reading Eleanor's memoir. However, it was still an enjoyable read.