Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

THE SILENT LAND by Graham Joyce

Buried under a flash avalanche while skiing, young married Jake and Zoe miraculously dig their way out only to discover themselves alone in an eerily silent, evacuated region, and are unable to contact the outside world.

Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on eBook
Place Hold on Audiobook
Place Hold on eAudiobook

Read-a-Likes

Arthur’s Website
Book Review
Author Interview

5 comments:

Britt said...

3 stars

Not as creepy as I expected, but it really dragged for me.

Monika said...

Very fast read. I thought it was pretty creepy and I really liked the ending.

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

I really didn't like the language in this book- it was so unneccesary. I didn't like that Zoe's "extra time" with her hubby was full of creepiness. I guessed the ending long before I got there. A seemingly original idea but I wouldn't want that experience if I'd been buried in an avalanche.

Katja said...

The beginning was great- but then it just got very predictable, I kept on hoping that it could not be so obvious - but it was.
Reminded me of "The Langoliers" by Stephen King. Regret my time was wasted, I am surprised because usually I love the Readers choice books. Could not care about the main characters at all. March'12th