Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

FLOWERBED OF STATE by Dorothy St. James

When the new gardener for the White House finds herself planted face down in a bed of pink ruffled tulips, the intrepid Casey Calhoun is determined to find her attacker. For cozy mystery readers who like Southern charm and humor.

Place Hold on Book

Read-a-Likes

Author’s Website
Author’s Goodreads Page
Book Review

2 comments:

Ruby Cheesman said...

Very fun gardening-themed cozy. The second in the White House Garden mystery is now out: The Scarlet Pepper.

Michelle Snarr said...

I like a mystery novel that surprises me. Most of the time I figure out who did it very quickly. I had it narrowed to 2 people. Let me just say, I was wrong and should have gone with (to me) the more obvious.

A very fun, light and clean read. This book is a good read for teens and above, although teens might find it a bore because the characters are about adults and as you expect polictics play a role in the theme of this book. There is love, heartache, drama, and humor all rolled into this book. Read this book, I don't think you will be disappointed.