Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

FIRELIGHT by Kristen Callihan

After the family fortune is decimated by an innocent mistake, Miranda is forced to wed London's most nefarious nobleman, Lord Archer.  When Archer is accused of a series of gruesome murders, Miranda enters a world of dark magic and intrigue to save her mysterious husband.



Author’s Website
Author’s Facebook Page
Author on Twitter
Goodreads
Author Interview

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a pretty fun read. I got through it easily and had a hard time putting it down. It sort of follows the Beauty & the Beast archetype. The climactic ending seemed very fast and short, though.

There was very little swearing, but there were some steamy descriptions of sexual activity.

Anonymous said...

I felt this book started out strong but then it slowed way down. It took me a while to read it because it couldn't hold my attention. The ending seemed to come out of nowhere.

Nellie said...

I really liked this book. I do agree that the sexual descriptions were a little much, at least for me, but other than that, I really liked it. You are right to compare it to Beauty and the Beast.