Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Monday, July 1, 2013

TELL THE WOLVES I’M HOME by Carol Brunt

The poignant coming-of-age story of how a shy young girl learns to heal from the death of her favorite uncle and best friend through a surprise acquaintance.


Place Hold on eBook
Place Hold on Audiobook
Place Hold on eAudiobook


Book Review
News Article  

1 comment:

benniegirl said...

This book was powerful! I'm not sure I loved all of it but I loved how it gave us another look at the AIDS epidemic. I was in elementary school when people really started talking about AIDS and everybody was afraid and they didn't want to have to be in the same room or have any contact whatsoever with those who'd contracted the disease. That's how I felt back then. This book puts a face to AIDS. It's not just a big, scary, life-threatening disease. It's a disease that changes the health of people that deserve to be loved. This book gave me so much to think about and I'm glad for the recommendation.