Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Monday, July 1, 2013

THE CARE AND HANDLING OF ROSES WITH THORNS by Margaret Dilloway

Gal, an outspoken 30-something teacher with serious kidney disease, balances her physically and emotionally draining life by growing beautiful roses. Then her 15-year-old niece shows up – unannounced – to live with her, and she must find a way to make room in her heart and life for this new challenge.  




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I chose this book because it included a recommendation from Jean Kwok who authored the amazing "Girl in Translation." Her positive recommendation confuses me, because I found "The Care and Handling of Roses" to be tedious. I really tried to like it, but I finally jumped to the last chapter and felt I hadn't missed a thing. If you want to be entertained, surprised, delighted, moved, and/or impressed by a remarkable book, look elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

Not my favorite book. Magical with witchcraft involved. Maybe a genre for someone else.