Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Monday, July 1, 2013

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING by John Kenney

Struggling with encroaching middle age and a broken engagement, advertising agent Finbar Dolan is forced to cancel his Christmas plans to tackle a last-minute work assignment only to learn that his estranged and abusive father has taken ill and that his siblings are unwilling to help; a situation that forces Fin to re-evaluate his choices.

Place Hold on Audiobook


Book Trailer
Discussion Questions

3 comments:

Havilah said...

Not as funny as the book trailer led me to expect, but there were some great scenes. I loved that I was able to read about the thoughts and details that go into advertising.

I went ahead and gave it 4 stars.

Cindy said...

I didn't find this book funny as indicated on the book title. I do have a different sense of humor than the author. I rated it a 2.

Anonymous said...

Loaded with very foul language which never stopped. I wouldn't recommend it and do not see the point. I rate it xxxx rated and not recommended.