Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Monday, July 1, 2013

WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE by Maria Semple

On the eve of a family trip to Antarctica, agoraphobic Bernadette Fox disappears.  Her daughter Bee is left behind to piece together her mother’s whereabouts from emails, doctor bills and FBI documents in this comic novel.

Place Hold on Audiobook
Place Hold on (Overdrive) eAudiobook
Place Hold on (OneClick) eAudiobook


1 comment:

sc said...

I loved this book I literally spent 2 days trying doing the minimal amount of chores so I could spend most of my time reading "Where'd You Go, Bernadette". It had a fun writing style that I found refreshing. It was about battling hard emotions and was interesting to see how people interpret things differently. I just loved it for its originality and that it made me think about negative emotions I harbor and what those emotions might be doing to me and others. I also found this book to be funny... ok there are all my random thoughts about this book 5 STARS go read it! I have to get back to real life and clean my house...and get rid of negative emotions ;)